The BIObec project will promote education in the bioeconomy sector to address the gap between the bio-based industry and the educative system.
The project will establish multi-level Bio-Based Education Centres (BBECs) to act as knowledge hubs bridging the gap between academic institutions, students, innovation entities and policy makers.
BIObec has a budget of €1.5 million and is funded by the Bio-Based Industries Joint Undertaking (BBI JU) under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
- Coordinator: Alma Mater Studiorum, Universidad de Bolonia - Italy
- University of Hohenheim - Germany
- University of Eastern Finland - Finland
- Irish Bioeconomy Foundation - Ireland
- Munster Technological University - Ireland
- Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche - Italy
- Food & Bio Cluster Denmark - Denmark
- AgroParistech - France
- Pro Civis - Poland
- IHE Delft Institute for Water Education - The Netherlands
- Wageningen University - The Netherlands
- FVA SAS Di Louis Ferrini & C - Italy
- University of Natural Resources of Vienna - Austria
- Institute for Educational Research - Poland
- Trakia University - Bulgaria
- Zemedelsky Vyzkum, Spol SRO - Czech Republic
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona - Spain
- Sustainable Innovations - Spain
- CTA - Spain
Budget and deadline
Budget: € 1.595.715
Deadline: 01/09/2021 - 28/02/2024
CTA will lead the replication of the BIObec concept and of the Bio-Based Education Centres (BBECs). It will design a roadmap for the roll-out of the BIObec project outputs, and a methodology transfer for the establishment of BBECs across external regions.