The European BIOTRANSFORM project aims to provide European policy makers with an appropriate policy development and evaluation framework, a knowledge base and a support ecosystem of experts to accelerate the transition from fossil-based linear systems to fossil-based circular systems. biotechnology.
The BIOTRANSFORM project (TRANSFORMATION of the Circular BIOeconomy for the regions by enabling resource networks and governance) will last thirty months and its line of work will be marked by the Circular Economy and the transition towards the Bioeconomy.
Andalusia is one of the six regions that participate in the project as case studies. The other regions are: North Burgenland (Austria), Western Macedonia (Greece), in Finland, the Charles Spa region (Czech Republic) and North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany). In all of them, by applying a multi-stakeholder approach, BIOTRANSFORM will develop and test its framework proposal for establishing and deploying bio-based circular systems. These regional case studies represent several important industries and transition scenarios for Europe, such as forestry, agri-food, lake ecosystems, brown coal and minerals, and chemicals.
The roadmaps established in the project will consider the specific regional infrastructure and resources available, conversion pathways, logistics, current policies, strategies and access to finance.
BIOTRANSFORM has received funding from the Horizon Europe program and integrates 10 European entities from Germany, Austria, Belgium, Spain, Finland, Greece, Luxembourg and the Czech Republic.
- Coordinator: Teknologican Tutkimuskekus VTT OY (VTT)
- Alchemia-Nova GMBH (ALCN)
- Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST)
- Vlaamse Instelling Voor Technologisch Onderzoek N.V. (VITO)
- Corporación Tecnológica de Andalucía (CTA)
- Cluster Viooikonomias Kai Perivallontos Dytikis Makedonias (CLuBE)
- Cluster Industrielle Biotechnologie EV (CLIB)
- Bioeast HUB CR, Z. U. (HUB)
- Association of Cities and Regios for Sustainable Resource Management (ACR+)
- Q-Plan International Advisors PC (Q-PLAN)
Budget and deadline
Budget: 1.999.974 euros
Deadline: 01/10/2022 - 31/03/2025
CTA lidera el paquete de trabajo dedicado a la agrupación y cooperación internacional. También participa coordinando el desarrollo de un ecosistema de apoyo de expertos para acelerar la transición de sistemas lineales basados en fósiles a sistemas circulares basados en biotecnología.