The European project EMPORIA4KT will focus on assisting academics to transfer knowledge from their research in order to create value in the European Blue Economy. The Blue Economy represents all economic activities related to oceans, seas and coastal areas and includes industries such as fishing, shipbuilding, tourism and ocean energy.
The EMPORIA4KT project will run from 2019 – 2022 with an overall budget of approximately €2.2 million. EMPORIA4KT is funded by the European Union’s Interreg Atlantic Area European Regional Development Fund.
EMPORIA4KT is coordinated by Universidade Nova de Lisboa – Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnología (Nova School of Science and Technology). The project involves 13 partners from Portugal, Ireland, France, Spain and the UK. Andalusia will participate in this ambitious project through CTA (Technological Corporation of Andalusia), CENTA (Fundación Centro de las Nuevas Tecnologías del AGUA) and CEIMAR (Campus de la Excelencia Internacional del Mar). In addition, the Andalusian Knowledge Agency (Agencia Andaluza del Conocimiento, in Spanish) also collaborates in the project in the category of associate partner.
- NOVA School of Science and Technology, NOVA University Lisbon
- CENTA (Fundación Centro De Las Nuevas Tecnologías Del Agua)
- Frontier IP Group PLC
- AquaTT UETP CLG
- CEIMAR (Campus de Excelencia Internacional del Mar)
- Strane Innovation S.A.S.
- Technopole Quimper-Cornouaille
- Technological Corporation of Andalusia
- Sociedade Portuguesa de Inovação
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Direção-Geral de Recursos Naturais, Segurança e Serviços Marítimos
- Andalusian Knowledge Agency
- Údarás na Gaeltachta
Budget and deadline
Total budget: 2.325.806,44 €
Deadline: 01/03/2019 - 28/02/2022
The main role of CTA is to involve Spanish companies from the Blue Economy sector in the project and carry out actions to influence political decision-makers.