The European GEN4OLIVE project aims to leverage olive Genetic Resources (GenRes) by bringing them closer to breeders and farmers, to improve cultivation and food safety.
The universities of Córdoba, (coordinator) Jaén and Granada, Technological Corporation of Andalusia (CTA) and the companies Galpagro, Cámbrico Biotech and Santa Cruz Ingeniería are the Andalusian entities that participate in this project.
GEN4OLIVE has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 101000427.
- Coordinator: University of Cordoba
- Hellenic Agricultural Organisation "DIMITRA". Institute of Olive Tree and Subtropical Plants
- Olive Research Institute. Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Izmir, Turkey
- Santa Cruz Ingeniería
- Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique – Centre Regional de Marrakech
- Technological Corporation of Andalusia (CTA)
- Gálvez Productos Agroquímicos (Galpagro)
- Cámbrico Biotech
- Hellenic Union of Nurseries
- Council for Agricultural Research
- FOCOS GbR
- Universidad de Ankara
- University of Granada
- University of Jaen
- Sapienza University of Rome
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique
Budget and deadline
Budget: € 6.998.282
Deadline: 01/10/2020 - 30/09/2024
CTA is the entity responsible for preparing and implementing the two calls for SMEs that GEN4OLIVE will launch. In addition, CTA will participate in the organization of events to promote the calls and attract SMEs.