The ERA-NET ICT AGRI FOOD seeks to strengthen cooperation in R&D and innovation between the member states of the European Union (EU) and associated states to promote, in a verifiable and perceptible way, the use of intelligent digital technologies to make European agri-food systems more sustainable, resilient and safe.
The project will finance annual joint calls for transnational R&D and innovation projects. The funded projects will contribute to introduce and pilot digital technologies that improve the sustainability of the agri-food sector for present and future generations.
The ERA-NETs are European consortia of R&D and innovation financing entities coordinated to incentivize projects of international companies’ consortiums. In this way, each entity finances companies in its country or region of origin. In addition, the ERA-NETs develop strategic research agendas and set priority lines that are transferred to the European Commission (EC) and influence the community policies.
The ICT AGRI FOOD project is coordinated by the Federal Food and Agriculture Agency of Germany and cofunded under EU H2020 programme.
- Federal Office for Agriculture and Food - Germany (Project coordinator)
- National Science Foundation- Bulgary
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research - Germany
- Federal Ministry Republic of Austria Agriculture, Regions and Tourism - Austria
- Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture - Germany
- Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine - Ireland
- Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research - Switzerland
- Research Institute for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food - Belgium
- Economic and Innovation Policy Fund - Belgium
- FWO - Belgium
- GRNET: Advanced Digital Technologies for Education, Research, Culture, Health & Public Admin sectors - Greece
- Ministry of Rural Affairs - Republic of Estonia
- Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality - The Netherlands
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry - Italy
- Ministry of Agriculture - Hungarian
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry - Finland
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry - Republic of Turkey
- Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Fisheries. Danish Agricultural Agency - Denmark
- General secretariat for research and technology - Greece
- Israel-Europe Research & Innovation Directorate - Israel
- National Research, Development and Innovation Office - Hungary
- The Research Council - Norway
- Brittany Region- France
- Ministry of Higher Education and Science - Denmark
- Teagasc - Agriculture and Food Develpment Authority - Ireland
- The Scientific and Technological Research Council - Turkey
- Executive Unit for Financing Higher Education, Research, Development and Innovation - Romania
- State Education Development Agency - Republic of Latvia
- Research National Agency - France
- Research center Julich GmbH - Germany
- Research Council for the Environment - Sweden
- The National Centre for Research and Development - Poland
- Research Council - Estonia
Budget and deadline
Deadline: 01/11/2019 - 01/11/2024
CTA is in charge of the implementation of the calls at national and regional level: design of regional standards, publication and dissemination of the calls, and promotion of proposals with stakeholders. CTA will contribute to the tasks related to the management of proposals and projects carried out by Andalusian partners. In addition, it will carry out the monitoring of the funded projects. On the other hand, CTA will contribute to the general dissemination of ICT AGRI FOOD in Andalusia and Spain to maximize its impact.