Andalusia and Southeastern Ireland will be pilot regions in the development of Digital Innovation Hubs that will promote the implementation of ICT, IoT (Internet of Things) and Industry 4.0 within the biomass supply chains, to make it more sustainable and with competitive prices, in order to contribute to the expansion of bioeconomy in the European Union.
This project will build networks with other key regions for the development of the European bioeconomy, providing a roadmap and training to promote the implementation of more digital innovation centers for the biotechnology industry in Europe.
ITC-BIOCHAIN is aligned with the Circular Bioeconomy 2030 strategy of the Regional Government of Andalusia. It is a tool in response to big challenges such as feed in a growing population, guarantee the supply and fair share of food or mitigate the effect of climate change and the reduction of fossil fuels dependence.
- Consejería de Agricultura, Pesca y Desarrollo Rural de la Junta de Andalucía – Spain (leader)
- Technological Corporation of Andalusia - Spain
- Irish Bioeconomy Foundation CLG – Ireland
- Institute of Technology Tralee – Ireland
- Teknologian Tutkimuskeskus VTT Oy – Finland
- Fraunhofer Gesellschaft - Germany
- Sustainable Innovations Europe SL – Spain
- University of Strathclyde – United Kingdom
Budget and deadlines
Budget: 950.000 €
Deadlines: 2018 - 2020
Activity of CTA
CTA is a regional facilitator for the development of the Andalusian digital innovation hub (DiH). The main activities are aimed at involving the stakeholders (SMEs, large companies, research centers, universities, business associations, etc.). In addition, CTA is responsible for organising day-to-day activities of the DiH, special events, stakeholder consultations, promotion of DiH, communication activities, etc.