The European InTransit project has just held its launch meeting in Brussels with the participation of representatives of the European Commission. ATEVAL, AEI Tèxtils and CTA (Corporación Tecnológica de Andalucía) are the Spanish partners that are part of this consortium with a total of 10 partners from 8 European countries.
The objective of InTransit (Strengthening the resilience of textile, aerospace, and construction SMEs to transition towards greener and more digital sectors with social and business innovation) is to strengthen the resilience of textile, aerospace and construction SMEs as the most green and digital with a mixed support mechanism that includes individual advice and a financing coupon to guarantee its consolidation and sustainability.
The project has a total budget of 5 million euros, of which three million will be distributed through cascading financing to SMEs and one will be used to provide them with services to advance their digital and green transition.
To boost the competitiveness of European SMEs for their transition, InTransit has developed a strategy consisting of four key pillars:
- INCUBATE a series of joint services to support SMEs in identifying opportunities, needs and weak points in the market and connecting the different sectors, favoring intersectoral learning, the exchange of best practices and collaborative development.
- Support for INNOVATION for SMEs through personalized advisory services, including a self-assessment and a circular/digital diagnosis, and coaching/training at a strategic level (business model).
- DEVELOPMENT of transition projects for SMEs with financial support through cascade financing, complemented by a coaching service.
- SCALE to the market with additional personalized services, using additional private or public funds through the European Structural and Investment Funds or other sources.
About the project
InTransit has received funding from the Horizon Europe program and integrates 10 entities from eight European countries. The following entities participate in the Intransit consortium:
- Coordinator: ATEVAL (Valencia, Spain)
- AEI Tèxtils (Catalonia, Spain)
- Technological Corporation of Andalusia – (Andalusia, Spain)
- CORALLIA (Greece)
- PRODUCTTECH (Portugal)
- Science Park Graz (Austria)
- TUS – IDEAM (Ireland)
- POLIMI (Italy)
- IRTJV (France)
- CCS (Slovenia)